For over 22 years I’ve delivered complex, strategic transformation programmes and thrive on engaging with people to improve impactful services to citizens; especially where transformation is underpinned by digital, systems science and a shift in culture.
Professionally, having begun my career supporting the digitisation of Health and Care organisations at local and national level within the NHS, I have worked with a wide range of organisations in the public, private and third sectors. My delivery and leadership responsibilities have spanned the United Kingdom, United States, Scandinavia and the Middle East; in roles that have included Subject Matter Expert, Project Manager, Programme Manager, Portfolio Director, Principal Consultant, Strategy Director and Company Director. I’m driven by taking on impactful engagements which set out to make a real difference to the lives of citizens. Although my experience is broad, I remain particularly passionate about the significant opportunity that exists to transform how Health and Care services support citizen wellbeing, through the delivery of high quality and cost-effective new models of care, and the role of digital in enabling this transformation. Today, I work with Boards, Executive Teams and Programme Teams as a Strategic Advisor to support the achievement of ambitious transformation programmes.
Over the same period, I’ve held leadership and Board roles in several local, national and international charities, and a large Academy. I’m currently a Trustee and Chair of Strategy and Delivery of UK Scouts, and a Trustee and Vice President of Merseyside Scouts. My volunteering is motivated by helping young people to get the best start in life – an opportunity we only get once.
This broad ranging experience across the public, private and third sectors, and across several industries, combined with a fascination of the practical application of systems science, has given me a deep and unique understanding and perspective of how to set up organisations and services for success; and how to use digital to enhance them.
Key areas of expertise:
- Strategist with proven UK and international experience of policy development, market analysis, strategy definition, strategy to action planning, execution, stakeholder engagement and relationship building.
- Experienced transformation Strategic Advisor to Boards, Executive Teams and organisations ranging from SMEs to FTSE 500 corporations, across the public, private and third sectors.
- Specialist in large-scale portfolio, programme and project planning and delivery, the establishment of programme management offices and the turnaround of underperforming programmes.
- Specialist in governance, developing strategic plans for organisations, and in building and holding to account senior teams.
- Specialist in digitally-underpinned transformation programmes.
- Deep and full lifecycle experience of complex solution delivery, from business case development and requirements analysis; to implementation, optimisation, and service delivery.
- Past elected industry representative on the techUK Health and Social Care Council.